@sharonsaysso and my weekly insta community feature

 So, I had this wonderful idea last night that I should do a weekly feature of the instagram communities that I partake in and why they are so great... usually as a fly on the wall, but hopefully I will become more active member as this class goes on and I get a bit more confident!

Anyway, Sharon McMahon. America's Government Teacher. Curator of Facts & Fun. World Changer. Host of Government for Grownups. (All from her IG bio). 

If you haven't heard of her or you don't follow her, go read this or watch this to find out a little bit more.. or you can keep reading what I have to say. :) 

The great thing about this community that she has created with her followers is that everyone is welcome.  She involves people through providing space to ask her questions (which she answers in her stories and shares her sources), answering her questions (which she then shares the results in her stories), and creating opportunities to give back to people in need. She is also hilarious, shares facts on current events (with her sources-usually the actual constitution or other laws in place), posts pictures of whales, and occasionally does ridiculous try-ons of terrible clothing subscription boxes. What isn't to love??

I'll share some examples below in picture form.. really you should just go follow her to get the real experience though! I would say it's worth it even if you don't use instagram regularly. 




Comments

  1. This is a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing! I will be looking forward to your posts now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone is into this! I think it will push me to really catalog the groups I am/want to be a part of :)

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of this instagram community, and the fact that the creator engages both "sides" involved. I believe this mentality creates a more open environment for discussion and conversation rather than constant conflict. I wish we would see more communities like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly why I love it so much! It truly feels all inclusive, and loaded with facts based on actual laws instead of sensationalism.

      Delete
  3. I love this already! Trevor's in the video! I remember seeing this, but now I am going to follow it, thank you! There is a lot of value in understanding the facts and you have opened up the opportunities that Instagram can offer. I am now following her!

    PS: but now Tumblr is telling me about 5 blogs I need to follow . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Love Trevor Noah!! I'm so glad he interviewed her to bring more attention to the work she is doing. I am honored to be able to share the #governerd community with ya'll. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miro Concept Map

Education and Policy around Digital Citizenship

Final week + life update