Web 2.0 Based Learning & Performance

This week marks the beginning of my personal journey into this world of learning technologies.  I honestly hadn't even heard of the phrase 'Web 2.0' until this class was an option for registration. Once I began researching though, I found out that it is something I have already been engaging in since the Xanga days (as a middle schooler)! It is interesting to look back on the development of Xanga to MySpace to Facebook to Twitter to Instagram and even sites like Reddit, Tumblr, and Flickr. I know I'm just naming the biggest names too. There are millions of 'Web 2.0' based communities online that continue to grow and change everyday to be more user-friendly, engaging, and in many cases, profitable. I am really looking forward to diving into this online world a bit more intentionally than I have in the past and become a more active part of the communities that capture my interests. 

See you on the web! :)

Comments

  1. Hi Abby! I looked at the course name and also had to search Web 2.0 to learn what that phrase meant. I was curious to learn more. I had little experience with Web. 2.o tools, however, I think it will be interesting to see where your learning takes you with experience engaging in Web. 2.o platforms. I am looking forward to having a more purposeful and intentionally experience with Web 2.0 tools as well. Your blog background is beautiful and very fitting for your blog name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lissa! Thanks for the feedback, I am glad I wasn't alone in being new to that term. I took a look at your blog and I LOVE your blog name! What a perfect way to capture the idea that we are just starting out here but will probably continue on with all of these new tools! I am looking forward to seeing how we all grow this semester.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miro Concept Map

Education and Policy around Digital Citizenship

Final week + life update