Refind -> Pygmalion Effect

I am finally making my way through checking out this week's tools and am really enjoying Refind! 

If you haven't looked at it yet, it is a website that collects news that is most relevant to you - you are able to select topics that are the most interesting to you, and it gathers news articles for you to look at.  It kind of reminds me of that old website, StumbleUpon.com, where you could enter in topics you are interested in and then click a button to "stumble" upon a relevant article or website that you might enjoy based on your interests. 

Anyway as I was going though Refined, I stumbled upon this article, that talks about the Pygmalion Effect and I thought it was an interesting concept that we can bring into the learning field. This quote is especially meaningful-

"The Pygmalion effect is best understood as a reminder to be mindful of the potential influence of our expectations."

Comments

  1. I just connected with Refind as well and I love that they dump the articles in my email. I tend to do better with keeping up with things if they are in one spot. I like that I can listen to them and not always have to read. Most of my dog walks in the evening are done listening to a podcast of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love the ability to listen to things so easily now. It is so helpful to be able digest information while getting other things done. Do you have a favorite podcast?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miro Concept Map

Education and Policy around Digital Citizenship

Final week + life update