“To do two things at once is to do neither.”

 Quote by Publius Syrus

Anyone else out there finding yourself trying to do a million things at once right now?! I usually have about 20 tabs open on my laptop and my phone close by and I keep wondering why some tasks are taking so long for me to complete. I went on a little rabbit trail of learning after reading That Will Show Them's Blog about multitasking (among other things) changing our brains. I came to this article which talks all about how to become a single-tasker and why it will change the game in productivity! I'm really excited to try some of these tips out, particularly about having different tasks in different desktop spaces - instead of in each tab in the same browser window. I could also see turning notifications off or at least setting a specific time to check and go through emails. I know some of this will take some re-training of my brain as right now I automatically open up and respond or delete every email as it comes in. I also love the idea of using sticky notes and moving them to the corner of the desk as things are completed to be able to see how much I've gotten done each day! Do you have any tips for staying single-tasked, or are you as much of a distracted multi-tasker as I am?


"stack of sticky notes" by This.Usually.Works is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0

Used Creative Commons for the first time, yay for new tools! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miro Concept Map

Education and Policy around Digital Citizenship

Final week + life update