Final week + life update

We officially closed on our house about a week and a half ago and I've been living down in Galveston at my parent's beach house since then! It would be an awesome vacation, except it's just me, the kids, and our animals most of the time. So while I've tried to make it fun for the kiddos, I'm also just exhausted from solo parenting + school work during the week while my husband is working his new job in our new city! (Kudos to all of you single moms out there!!!) 

I am really grateful to be finishing up the semester this week though so next week can be a relaxing and fun beach week! :) I'm sure everyone is ready for a little break. Anyone else have plans for their break between semesters? What classes are y'all planning to take in the fall semester? I am signed up for EME 5608 (Trends and Issues in Instructional Design) and EME 6357 (Evaluation of Training in HPT). It would be lovely to see some familiar names on the discussion boards! 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the new house, that's awesome!!! I understand being exhausted, it feels like its been a challenging semester for most. No worries though, like you said, we're almost there and next week is getting closer by the minute. I wish you luck in your fall semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are almost to your new home! And that you get a little beach vacation time. We are headed to the mountains on Friday and Santaland for my soon to be 9 year old birthday. I am taking online pedagogy and design, Mobile learning and Performance Systems Analysis. Best wishes in your classes. I loved 5608! Wish this was a multiple semester class explroign different trends and issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So close! We officially close on Monday and then get to move in on the 11th. Finally!
      That sounds like an incredible trip for yall! I'm glad you are getting a little vacay in with your family as well. I hope you enjoy your next classes!

      Delete
  3. Hi Abby! Congratulations on completing the course, and you definitely deserve a week long beach holiday after the semester! I might be taking 6357 next semester so I could possibly see you there! All the best, and have a great break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelvyn! I am finally about to be able to enjoy the beach as we wrap up the semester! Maybe I'll see you there. Good luck with the rest of your studies!

      Delete
  4. I plan to build my portfolio during the semester break. Unfortunately, there are travel restrictions and there are not many things to see in Singapore. Glad to see that you have plans for the break! I won't be taking the courses you are taking next semester. But anyway, all the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you will have some time to work on your portfolio! I hope you are able to find some ways to enjoy the break regardless. Best of luck to you in your studies!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miro Concept Map

Education and Policy around Digital Citizenship